Kaython, Mommy, Kelton

Kaython, Mommy, Kelton
Picture for Daddy's Desk at Work!! We hope he just loves it!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Friend Jen from work asked me for my potato soup recipe; because I just throw everything together I didn't know the measurements to give her so I made it one night so that I could measure things out. So Jen, here's how it goes.
First of all, I have to tell you that I cheat to make it easier. The night before I want potato chowder, I usually do baked potatos with chili or cheddar and broccoli soup, but I bake extra potatos for the soup the next day. You will need four to five potatos depending on their size. If they are on the smaller side do five. Anyways, peel and cube them. Cook one pound of bacon, drain, and cut into small pieces. Chop three to four green onions. In a crock pot, mix Potato's with one can cream of chicken soup, one medium container sour cream, about 1 and 3/4 cup milk (may need a bit more if you want it more soupy), one can of corn, green onions, bacon, about a teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let cook on high for three hours or on low for five to six hours. I like to serve it with grated cheese sprinkled on top and with warm rolls or breadsticks. MMMMmmm. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

FiveFrys said...

I made this last night for dinner and it was DELICIOUS! I even had some left overs for lunch today. Feel free to post more yummy recipes, I'm always looking for something new to try!